Gulzar Sahab may not have contributed a very large number of songs like Majrooh Sultanpuri or Anand Bakhsi or even Shailendra. A great friend in Shailendra almost forced Gulzar Sahab to go and meet Bimal da (Bimal Roy) and he went on to write his first Song for Bandini.. Mora Gora Ang Lai Le..
Gulzar Sahab considers himself more of a writer or rather a poet than maybe say a lyricist, a screenplay/dialogue writer or even a director of Hindi Cinema..
Incidentally I have just finished reading two books on him in two days on the trot.. ‘Raat Pashmine Ki’ by himself and ‘Gulzar : In conversation with Nasreen Munni Kabir’
Indeed many of his songs has influenced and deeply impressed me.. quite a few for the reason that Alok da loved his songs.. Maybe I should have included a song from the film Do Dooni Char but then I did want to include his most popular numbers among RMSG Sequence.. I hope you would not find even one dull moment..
1. मोरा गोरा अंग लई ले – बंदिनी
2. ओ मांझी रे – खुशबू
3. इस मोड़ से जाते हैं – आंधी
4. एक अकेला इस शहर में – घरौंदा
5. तुझसे नाराज़ नही ज़िंदगी – मासूम
6. दिल ढूंढता है फिर वही – मौसम
7. नाम गुम जायेगा – किनारा
8. आप की आंखों में कुछ – घर
9. मेरा कुछ सामान – इज़ाजत
10. हमने देखी है उन आंखों की – खामोशी
11. कोई होता जिसको अपना – मेरे अपने
12. हमको मन की शक्ति देना – गुड्डी
13. गंगा आये कहां से – काबुलीवाला
14. धन्नो की आंखों में – किताब
15. चप्पा चप्पा चरखा चले – माचिस
16. बीति ना बिताये रैना – परिचय
Abhaya Sharma, Mumbai April 4 2017