A decision has been reverted so easily and rather too quickly.. that I am here doing another RMSG after announcing the culmination of the series with the sequel on Meena Kumari on her birth anniversary a couple of days ago.. the credit should go to a dear friend Ram Gopalan.. and a senior from KV Port Blair – Aruna Chaubal who influenced me to continue with the efforts.. I present a Rupaye Mei Solah Gaane on Shakeel Badayuni Sahab.. a lyricist of great reputation.. though he worked in close tandem with Naushad Sahab and Mohammed Rafi he did work with other music composers as well (notably Ravi and Hemant Kumar).. there are songs by Lata Mangeshkar, Shamshad Begum and Asha Bhosle in a list that is dominated by Rafi Sahab..
Here I may have failed to include couple of favourites ‘Bachpan ke din bhula na Dena..’ from Deedar, ‘Koi Sagar Dil Ko bahlata Nahi..’ from Dil Diya Dard Liya and a highly popular ‘Chhod babul ka ghar aaj pee ke nagar.. ‘ from Babul besides a song from his very first film Dard, that was a big hit it and was rendered by another first timer Uma Devi.. (Tun Tun ji ) – ‘Afsana Likh Rahi Hoon..’ has nevertheless been set as the featured song at my drupal site for the special day that belongs to Shakeel Badayuni..
The focus here has been to highlight the great hits composed by him.. fortunately I have been able to include a couple of songs by Hemant Da and one by Mukesh to not send a feeling that Rafi Sahab has occupied the entire male space.. Those who pay attention to song lyrics would agree that he did belong to a different class which was unique to him.. Two prominent Gazals from Shakeel Sahab and sung by Begum Akhtar could not be included though are available at drupal site below which are very dear to me though they do not belong to any films..
Little did I know that it was his 101st birth anniversary today.. many noted films and songs could not be covered here the more enthusiastic could visit the http://abhayas.org/drupal for more songs (101 at present) by Shakeel Badayuni Sahab.. I know I have an upcoming job for tomorrow.. now that I have decided not to quit RMSG.. 4th August being the birth anniversary of our great Kishore da.. I really would love to present him all over again..
Rupaye Mei Solah Gaane : 101st Birth Anniversary of Shakeel Badayuni
(b. 3 August 1916 d. 20 April 1970)
1. प्यार किया तो डरना क्या – मुगल-ए-आज़म
2. चौदहवीं का चांद हो या आफ़ताब हो – चौदहवीं का चांद
3. ओ दूर के मुसाफ़िर हमको भी साथ ले ले – उड़न खटोला
4. सुहानी रात ढल चुकी – दुलारी
5. दुनिया में हम आये हैं तो जीना ही पड़ेगा – मदर इंडिया
6. आज पुरानी राहों से – आदमी
7. नसीब में जिसके जो लिखा था – दो बदन
8. मेरे महबूब तुझे मेरी मुहब्बत की कसम – मेरे महबूब
9. हुस्न वाले तेरा जबाब नही – घराना
10. ओ दुनिया के रखवाले – बैजू बावरा
11. बेकरार करके हमें युं न जाइये – बीस साल बाद
12. आज मेरे मन में कोई बंसुरी बजाये – आन
13. ना जाओ सैंया छुड़ा के बैयां – साहिब बीबी और गुलाम
14. इंसाफ़ का मंदिर है ये – अमर
15. गाये जा गीत मिलन के – मेला
16. आज की रात मेरे दिल की सलामी ले ले – राम और श्याम
अभय शर्मा 3 अगस्त 2017